Wanna know more about CS3216? Visit CS3216 Website, CS3216 Blog and CS3216 Facebook Group

Google Wave

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The beginning of week 3...

It is time to make a new post again. I limit myself half an hour to make this post, cos I got to go off at 2.00pm for lesson.


Project
Our group is actually a very interesting group. We started out as a group with 2 programmers then we want to look for designers. But we ended up in getting two more programmers, who have better experience in the few areas emphasized in web programming. Thanks to them, we get to get to learn more in stuff like PHP, Unix commands, database etc. This shows that theory cannot never beats real experience. 
Then it turns out the two programmers who wanted to look for designers, one become the designer using Illustrator and flash/ActionScript person and the other writes reports, tackles on issue regarding ppl's gaming behavior (due to hvg a lot of gaming experience) and starts to learn designing. That time, we joked about ourselves, he says he is now like a business student and I am now like an arts student...


While enjoying the fun this project brings us, we are also suffering in many areas. What areas are we suffering in? 
Physically
When I got not enough sleep I start to get flu or heavy head :( I guess many of u also feel their energy level or immune system level dropping. Usually I feel this busy is when it is in the middle or towards the end of the semester when projects deadlines are near. Now is only the BEGINNING of the semester...
Mentally
Guilt being unable to spend the time on other stuffs, be it your family, friends or even your studies. Classmates skipping lectures or doing CS3216 during lectures instead of listening. 
I won't want to skip lessons but I can't guarantee I won't fall asleep during lessons... 
Some year 4 like me are taking FYP as well. FYP is something that really needs a lot of discipline, especially when taken with such a addictive module like CS3216. Besides week three has started, meaning tutorials have started!
Ytd I just got to know that two of my classmates dropped this module. I think they probably have taken this module at the wrong time, be it having to cope with too many things at the same time or not ready enough to take the stress.


The third lecture
Ytd we got a lot more insights into the Amazon, which is great...


Got to go off now!

No comments:

Post a Comment