Wanna know more about CS3216? Visit CS3216 Website, CS3216 Blog and CS3216 Facebook Group

Google Wave

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The busy week with something fruitful!

Even after the Facebook project submission, we are still working on the app, can't bear to just leave it...

At the beginning of this project, we have too many big ideas, like multiple player, challenge mode and story mode... But we were unable to accomplish cos lack of time and experience.

We really learn a lot from this project. At least now I know I don't just know ActionScript, I know how to use it to develop a decent looking Facebook game!

Due to time constraint, we lower our expectations. But it seems that after the submission we were not resigned to the features the application has and continued to work on it. I carried on with my flash to implement to anti-cheating zig zag thing and the devil cards. While Haocong continues to work on AJAX and the database. These were the parts we wanted to implement previously but didn't do so cos of time constraint.

It was an enriching experience! Hong Jun, with lots of ideas on games and the ultimate tester in my group who always try to find a way to break my flash. Wai Hong, the extremely hardworking one, who is always very busy and sacrificing sleep cos he wants to live his life to the fullest, he can just eat 1 meal in a day but also eat 3 servings in a meal! And Haocong, the youngest among us, the very adventurous and enthusiastic one.

My sleeping time is pushed back cos of this module. Also my old laptop went on a protest to refuse to boot up for a while (and scared me) the next day after the submission (I guess cos it has overworked). The process is tiring but the fun overwhelms it. 

1 comment:

  1. hohoho.. Actually i fixed alot of bugs on the sly too.. normally my friends would feedback to me via msn and I will go fix them if it isn't too complicated..

    And now the app looks complete and almost bugless.. we should be proud of our app..

    ReplyDelete